As customer expectations and digital capabilities shift and evolve at breakneck speeds, companies targeting Filipino netizens are faced with significant challenges. The development in search engines, social media, and other related technologies offer myriad opportunities and challenges that often overwhelm businesses, especially their marketing activities. Knowing and understanding trends in the coming year equip companies with the needed information to prepare for the coming year.
Environment for Enhanced Digital Experience
The year 2024 is an interesting and exciting time for Pinoy consumers.
- We have just freed ourselves from the COVID-19 pandemic. As the government scrapped the restrictions it had enforced during the height of the pandemic, we are now in a new normal where we go back to our old ways pre-pandemic while getting accustomed to fully utilizing (and relying on) online platforms and services for practically every activity.
- In a blink of an eye, Gen Zeds (aged 18-26) are gradually establishing their foothold in the Philippine workforce, giving them considerable purchasing power and influence.
- The use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning is starting to mature at a point that it has already penetrated into, and is now an integral part of the applications we use.
Living under this environment calls for radical changes, particularly in the way we use and engage with digital platforms. True enough, search engines and social media channels are starting to address these challenges. Because of this development, we predict these trends to take place in 2024:
Focus on Gen Z Customers
Gen Zeds and young millennials will remain engaged in social media platforms. As such, they are the ones who will most likely view your ads and content. With their growing influence, experts recommend businesses to focus on digital marketing efforts on the activities and preferences of this demographic like:
- Smartphones play a significant role in their daily lives.
- As digital natives, they make their purchases seamlessly by navigating the digital world in various platforms, such as social media, online games, and e-stores.
- They love consuming bite-sized videos, interactive experiences, and personalized recommendations.
- They champion ethical practices and causes that resonate with their values.
A significant fraction of them are now entry-level employees (and entrepreneurs) who have financial capacity to purchase online. Knowing more of their traits and their buying motivations are vital to your digital marketing success in 2024.
AI Marketing Automation
More and more people are getting more acquainted with the power of AI. Savvy marketers consider the presence of AI as a blessing. Integrating AI into their workflow would supercharge marketing efficiency and quality.
In 2024, companies are seen to use AI for:
AI can crack the code on individual preferences and desires. By sifting data from different sources, it can generate:
- Recommendations that predict your customer’s next purchase,
- Chatbots that respond to your unique queries with human-like nuance,
- Personalized ad creatives that speak directly to your target audience while triggering their pain points.
LeapOut CEO, Marvin Ortiz, believes that 2024 will usher in more personalized and targeted digital advertising, with the help of more advanced versions of programmatic advertising platforms.
You now have an assistant content creator that can generate compelling articles, blog posts, and copies. It can also craft catchy headlines and design visually stunning graphics – all while ensuring brand consistency and SEO optimization.
AI can optimize your campaigns by analyzing mountains of data, predict consumer behavior, and identify the most profitable channels and audiences.
Empathetic Conversations on Chatbots
AI is ushering in a new era of empathetic, engaging virtual assistants in chatbots. In 2024, AI personas can mirror and respond to the emotions of your customers.
Richer Search Engine Experience
Search engines will further harness AI’s capabilities to give enhanced experiences. As of this posting, Google is testing its Search Generative Experience (SGE), which the tech giant might release officially within 2024. Google SGE is powered by generative AI.
Google’s SGE also hosts advanced features like Shopping Graph, the AI-powered, data set of local and overseas products and sellers updated real-time.
Social Media Shopping 2.0
Social media will remain as the primary communication and entertainment channel of Gen Zeds. Marketers are concentrating on targeting the youth through this medium, particularly on TikTok.
Seeing this, Marvin foresees enhanced social media shopping experience with the help of the latest technologies like AI in powering:
- Enhanced live video selling with real-time interaction and exclusive offers
- Expanded use of short videos and reels following the success of TikTok
- Marketers will capitalize on content submitted
- Integration of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) experiences for immersive shopping experiences.
- Integration of social currency like badges and rewards and gamified elements like points and virtual shopping sprees.
- Micro-monetization and subscription-based purchases.
Streamlined Digital Marketing and Ecommerce Experiences
In 2024, Marvin expected continuous growth in e-commerce and digital marketing. Social media and e-commerce platforms are seen to generate more seamless multi-channel experiences to consumers. Consumers can expect a consistent journey across websites, apps, social media, physical stores, and even emerging platforms like the metaverse.
Here are some ways to streamline your digital marketing and e-commerce interconnectivity across various channels:
Intensified Omnichannel Marketing
With the help of technology, you can break down data silos and gather insights from all channels onto a single platform. This provides a ubiquitous presence of your company, allowing for cross-channel promotions and personalized experiences for your customers across the board.
Optimizing Mobile As Primary Touchpoint
To make cross-channel marketing happen, companies need to optimize their presence on the primary device—smartphones. Having a mobile-first design, offering mobile payment options like Apple Pay or Google Pay, and adopting personalized mobile marketing will boost brand presence on mobile devices.
Enhanced Voice Search and AI-Powered Assistants
Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant have been serving us as our companions. It’s time for companies to leverage these voice assistants to provide product information, customer service, or even personalized shopping experiences for customers.
Boom in Interactive Technologies
Expect a more enhanced use of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). With the help of generative AI, companies could showcase products in real-world environments through AR filters or apps like virtual trials of furniture, clothing or home appliances before purchase. Businesses could also offer immersive virtual experiences like store tours, product demonstrations, or even interactive games to boost customers engagement and brand recall.
Bridging the Gap Between Online and Offline Experiences
Marvin also predicts the rise of online to offline experiences through social media “showrooming.” This practice uses social media platforms to showcase your physical store environment, host live events, and offer exclusive in-store promotions. Besides product delivery, businesses also allow customers to order online and pick up their purchases in store for a convenient and flexible shopping experience.
Inclusion of Games in the Marketing Mix
Most Gen Zeds are active in playing mobile games and esports. Marvin also sees this trend to accelerate further this year. Because of this, marketers will tap this medium through in-game and digital streaming programmatic advertising.
Sustainability and Purpose-Driven Initiatives
Brands are not only expected to espouse sustainability but also act as catalysts for positive change in the society. In 2024, marketing strategies will increasingly revolve around ethical practices, data integrity, inclusivity, and mental health advocacy, aligning with consumer values.
Companies can articulate their sustainability initiatives by:
- Emphasizing that the purpose of their business goes beyond profit by identifying the values they root for and resonate with their audience and employees.
- Integrating sustainability into their operations by making a commitment to reduce your environmental footprint and to support ethical causes.
- Showcasing the impact of espousing your values in your business practices and products contribute to a better world.
- Leveraging sustainability thrust as a marketing strategy by utilizing social media platforms to raise awareness about the chosen cause.
Gear Up for 2024 with LeapOut
Faced with these imminent changes, businesses – big or small – need to consult with digital marketing experts. They can provide guidance to navigate to the exciting but overwhelming changes that are expected to take place in 2024.
As one of the pioneers in Philippine digital marketing, LeapOut has received multiple awards for running successful campaigns. Headed by Marvin Ortiz, LeapOut can help you strategize and implement solutions in line with the current and future marketing trends. Comprising young but experienced specialists in social media management and creation, web graphics, search engine optimization (SEO), and e-commerce development, we offer quality digital services to businesses, local or overseas. Contact our representatives now to kickstart 2024 digital marketing with a blast!